Kitchen & Laundry Exhaust Duct Cleaning
The majority of restaurant fires originate on the kitchen cooking appliances and flare into the kitchen exhaust system. Regular maintenance of a restaurant's kitchen exhaust system is one of the primary defenses against fire hazards. By keeping these systems working at their best, they will evacuate the smoke and grease out of the building and produce a cleaner, cooler kitchen and better working environment for staff.
Benefits of Regular Exhaust Cleaning
- Reduced risk of kitchen fires.
- Enhanced working environment for kitchen staff.
- Improved ventilation for smoke and odor removal.
- Lower insurance premiums offered by some insurance companies.
- Compliance with local and national fire and health codes.
Frequency of Cleaning
- Kitchen exhaust systems generally require cleaning from monthly to annually depending on many factors.
- The greatest factor governing required cleaning frequency is the volume of cooking and severity of the cooking operation. Configuration of the exhaust system may also dictate increased frequency.
- The cleaning frequency of the exhaust system should be specified to keep the system free of fuel load sufficient to support fire and operating at maximum efficiency.
- Regular cleaning of grease filters and proper operation of automatic wash systems (where equipped) greatly reduce system loading and remain recommended.
For free consultation, please contact us.